Use your USA Mobility Page Number with A Smartphone
MOBILE CONNECT: HOW IT WORKS
Mobile Connect allows hospitals to send messages to USA Mobility pager numbers and have them go to the right person's smartphone. Smartphone users simply download an app to connect to the software, which is hosted and maintained by USA Mobility Wireless. All of this is accomplished without changing the way messages are sent or updating pager numbers. In addition, charges appear on your USA Mobility Wireless statement for ease of administration and billing.
SENDING ENCRYPTED PAGES TO SMARTPHONES
The rapidly growing use of smartphones in hospitals brings exciting new possibilities for better patient care and staff efficiency. Increasingly, hospitals are finding that physicians and other staff members no longer want or need to carry several devices to accomplish what they can do with one smartphone.
With USA Mobility Wireless and Amcom Software, using smartphones for hospital messaging is fast and easy. With Mobile Connect™, you have a secure method of meeting the needs of staff who want to use smartphones for code calls, consult requests and much more.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Use your USA Mobility pager numbers and have messages go to users' smartphones
- Encrypted messages protect sensitive information
- Separate inbox on smartphone keeps critical hospital messages away from personal ones
- Automatic message delivery receipts
- Remote device wipe of all messages
- Active acknowledgement of messages and free-form text responses
- Works using cellular and Wi-Fi networks
- Supports iPhone®, Android®, and BlackBerry®, to accommodate personal preferences
- Easy installation via an app download and registration
- Ease of billing administration as Mobile Connect is included on your USA Mobility statement
- Redundant Pager option - ability to keep existing paging device active
- Enables use of full enterprise solution
SECURITY FOR PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
Mobile Connect uses industry standard best practices to ensure the protection of sensitive electronic protected health information (ePHI) in accordance with guidelines from HIPAA and the HITECH Act. This includes a variety of security features, including encryption, application lock, automated message removal, password-protected inbox, and remote device wipe.
THE IMPORTANCE OF TWO-WAY MESSAGING
With Mobile Connect, when you get a message, a delivery receipt automatically goes to the sender as a confirmation. You can respond using free-form text or a set of predefined responses. This enables fast response and provides the opportunity to send additional information and instructions if needed. With two-way messaging, communication can be confirmed through delivery and read receipts—and clarified through full-text replies.
AUDIT TRAIL AND TRACEABILITY
Increasingly, administrators require a full audit trail of communications in their facility. Mobile Connect logs the date and time of all messages sent/received. It also allows administrators to run reports on when messages are delivered and received. This ensures messages are read in a timely fashion and reduces complaints from users that they didn’t receive a message.